You are not signed in Sign in Now Or Sign Up
You are not signed in Sign in Now Or Sign Up
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHackedOfficial Confirmed + Updated Zombies Thread Chat_b10Latest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Confirmed + Updated Zombies Thread

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CG Jamie
administration
administration
CG Jamie

Official Confirmed + Updated Zombies Thread Empty
PostSubject: Official Confirmed + Updated Zombies Thread   Official Confirmed + Updated Zombies Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 8:52 am

Ultimate Zombies Confirmation Thread, Updated as News Is Released!

First Confirmation of Zombies
Rejoice, zombie lovers around the world! An employee at Gamestop has seemingly confirmed that the popular zombie mode will return to Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Its something that has often been speculated about but never confirmed by Treyarch the official word has always been a wink and a no comment. But now it appears that there is finally some concrete evidence for the return of the much-loved gametype.
A member on the official Call of Duty forums, by the name of lilmike002001 posted up the following thread:

After hearing about the special edition releases of BlackOps I headed to my local gamestop to upgrade my preorder. I asked the guy behind the counter if he had anymore information on the special editions. He then handed me a pamplet of 4 papers stapled together. The front page reads Hardened edition details with 4 pictures dipicting the medal avatar outfit steelbook and a classic picture of WAW zombies on it.

Under the list of summary of features it says Four exclusive Zombie maps from World at War updated for the Black Ops engine ($15 value)

The image above shows the Gamestop memo detailing the Hardened editions of Call of Duty: Black Ops. The image which contains details of the Hardened Edition includes the following quote: Four exclusive zombie maps from World at War updated for the Black Ops engine ($15 value). Also the addition of the image of the zombie on the sheet, helps this get confirmed!
Source: codblackopsnews.com/2010/08/12/g...black-ops/

Best Buy Details 4 co-op maps with hardened edition

As you can see, in the description it says about "4 extra playable co-op maps not in the standard edition" This is known to be the 4 zombie maps from Call Of duty: World at War but reworked for the new Game Engine

Check out the BestBuy Page yourself now! bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/call-of...0fc595en02

4 Co-operative Maps Officially confirmed to be previous waw zombies - JD_2020
In a short message on twitter Josh Olin(JD_2020), Community Manager at Treyarch, confirmed to us that the four co-operative maps set to be included within both Hardened and Prestige editions of the game are, as rumoured, the zombies maps seen within their previous Call of Duty title, World at War.

Olin's full message was as follows, "All 4 existing CoDWaW Zombies maps will be included in Hardened & Prestige editions of CODBlackOps as callback co-op levels!"

Black Ops Zombies: Confirmed!
Well, the long, long wait is finally over for many Zombie-mode fans around the globe. Today, in CVGs sneak peak at Black Ops Strategy Guide, they discovered a rather interesting tagline.
Quote:
A complete walkthrough to the gritty Cold War-era Campaign mode, tips and tricks to rank up in Multiplayer, how to excel in Co-Op, or fight back the relentless Nazi Zombie horde BradyGames Black Ops Strategy Guide

So, from this statement, we are able to glean two important bits of information. First, the traditional Nazi Zombie mode is returning, where players fight off an endless horde of undead while trying to frantically repair windows and openings into their safehouse. Secondly, we are able to see that Nazi Zombies is not the exclusive co-op mode. The tagline clearly reads co-op OR Nazi Zombies. Exact details on that, of course, are not confirmed just yet but hopefully we will see more info on that in the GameTrailers TV spotlight on Black Ops.

Also mentioned in the strategy guide are tactics for every type of Co-Op, Team-Based, and Head-to-Head play mode, seeming to indicate that there is more than one game type in Co-Op mode.

Mark Lamia speaks to Edge Magazine
You didnt think the Zombie news stopped there, did you? Mark Lamia, Studio Head at Treyarch, spoke to Edge magazine and had this to say, concerning Zombies:
Quote:
We continued to evolve [Nazi Zombies] after World At War there was a dialogue going on with some of our hardcore community, and we were able to interact with the community and evolve we did that with our zombie lore. Mark Lamia, Studio Head, Treyarch

So, as you can see, it definitely seems like it isnt a plain old rehash of Nazi Zombie mode.

New GKNOVA6 Site Video and info(Posted by Milkshake and Oakie)

Above is a video of the new GKNOVA site, as you can see most of it is focused on zombies!

To prove Authenticity to non believers of the site

Well, since the site got updated, it's apparent zombies are coming back.
Lets give a break down of some of the things that people may not have noticed, and the obvious things.

It must be in a control of some sort. Security monitors, what seems to be bullet proof glass, a vent above, a microphone on the table, etc. On the TV's, we can see flickers of labs, and people being sealed in chambers. So it's safe to assume, it's some kind of testing facility, potentially like the one seen in the first trailer. Guess that has set the setting.

We look behind the TV's, we will have noticed a zombie. PARTYING HARD.

Looking at this, I'll guess it will be one of the playable levels. But hold me to it, since it is just my opinion, and is not supported by anything.

We see people being strapped down to chairs, locked in chambers, and being fitted up with some kind of head apparatus. I'll be guessing that the zombies were created at this testing facility, and it was the gas that has turned normal humans into zombies.

There is a part with what seems to be a chopper blowing everything up,sweeping over either a town, or the research facility. I would assume the later, since it looks like they are buildings shaped like glass houses, and all white buildings.

There also looks like hazmat (Or hazchem, I can't remember) agents are involved, units for cleaning up toxic chemicals and what not. Clearly, there is a guy with a gas mask, in a giant yellow suit, traits of a hazmat agent. This shows that the government is involved with the zombies.

You can see 'Nazi zombies' in the TV's, and you can also see civilians turned zombies. Wearing suits and ties, looks like more than just soldiers have become zombies.

It looks like there will be the normal 'nazi zombies' set in WW2, as we can see a soldier, looking like the players in CoD:WaW, holding an LMG.

And surprise surprise, it looks like the Russians are in on this! There is clearly some Russian text, I'm not sure what it says, but that is definitely Russian text on a label.

Zombies confirmed Again By Treyarch(Posted by Sno and Zombiemania)
"Treyarch boss Mark Lamia has spoken about the evolution of CoD: World At War's undead - and it sounds like a few surprises are in store.

"We continued to evolve [Nazi Zombies] after World At War - there was a dialogue going on with some of our hardcore community, and we were able to interact with the community and evolve - we did that with our zombie lore," he told the new Edge Magazine.

Lamia then went on to discuss the possibility of DLC for Black Ops after release.

"We think it's cool to be able to provide additional creative content - we're looking at this game almost as though it's a platform entry into something that's ongoing."

"I'm not going to tell you that's our entire focus but it's part of our genetic make up here that we're going to do stuff like that," he continued.

"I definitely think there's something very exciting about interacting in a live way, and being able to respond."

"With online connectivity, I just need a couple of back doors to introduce new things. And then the resources and time to work on them!"

We certainly hope he gets them and wonder what other little add-ons Treyarch might have up its sleeve."

Other UnNoticed views of GKNOVA6 website info
Currently, on the website, all of the screens show clips of zombies moving about, along with running scientists, corpses of the personnel, these same corpses being reanimated, experiments, corridors and rooms within the facility, a helicopter flying over the area before crashing, boards being ripped off, and soldiers firing. In the background, a zombie will walk by and attempt to break in. The number 47093 can be seen multiple times. It appears that the zombies have escaped and are now running unchecked in the facility. Also there is a red flashing light indicating a place where they're testing zombies. In one screen, a scientist is shown leading a man into a chamber with the letters BHMAHE above the door. The scientist then straps down the man's arms and places a mask over his mouth. Bhmahe is translated from Russian to English as "attention." It is possible that the location of the lab is Tunguska, due to the cycrillic and the Shi No Numa radio broadcast. Bhmahe may also refer to a town with a military base on the Russian/German border just outside of Berlin, where Russians conducted controversial human experiments that could have a relation to the creation of Black Ops' Zombies.

Josh Olin Confirms on Twitter(thanks to iShutdown)

twitter.com/#!/JD_2020/status/25902256021

Call of Duty Black Op's Facebook Page Confirms Zombies(thanks to sno)

Info On Zombies Reveal Event - Thanks to Sno
Ok Ladies + Germs - here's some info you may not yet know.....

Way back in October 2008 - Gametrailers TV and Spike both released the first footage of a definitive Zombie mode for World at War - you can check that here .

Currently there is no 'official' footage for Black Ops zombies but guess what - on October 15th at 12.30 am on Spike TV then a bit later on Gametrailers a new Black Ops Trailer will be previewed - my bet is that then we will see the new Zombie mode in all its glory....

Of course as soon as its released it will be here on KBG....

Whilst November 9th seems a long way off - October 15th isn't that far away
Back to top Go down
http://www.classifiedgaming.com

Official Confirmed + Updated Zombies Thread
Page 1 of 1